Why study tourism?
- Because we offer modern and interesting study programmes on all three levels.
In accordance with the Bologna Declaration, we offer:
- two undergraduate university programmes: Tourism and Cultural Tourism
- two undergraduate professional programmes: Tourism destination management and Tourism enterprise management
- two 2nd level study programmes: Tourism and Heritage Tourism
- the 3rd level study programme: Innovative Tourism
- Because the faculty resides in Portorož – in the municipality of Piran, which is the most developed in tourism, and besides studying offers a lot of extracurricular activities.
The student life at Turistica is quite lively and seasoned with numerous extra-curricular activities and social events organised regularly by the Student Council of UP FTŠ Turistica: Freshmen party, Turizmijada (International congress for tourism students from the Balkan region), excursions and much more.
In the nice Mediterranean setting, where tourism is part of the everyday life, students feel the heartbeat of the Portorož touristic and business environment already during their studies. Lifelong friendships and business connections are built here.
- Because tourism is one of the fastest growing branches of economy and thus enables a wide variety of possible employments.
The knowledge, which we develop and provide to our students, ensures highly competent tourism professionals.
Our graduates are employed in the tourism sector and related areas. A high quality and varied offer of foreign languages study enables our students to compete for job positions, which demand foreign language knowledge and communication skills at home as well as abroad. The specific knowledge meets the requests of job posts in non-profit organisations, administrative authorities and organisations dedicated to the promotion of tourism on the local, regional and national level.
- Because Turistica has taught tourism successfully for more than 20 years!
In its 20 years of operation, Turistica developed 9 modern study programmes, carried out 61 research, developmental and market projects, issued more than 50 publications in the field of tourism, hosted more than 80 foreign lecturers and awarded 2360 of diplomas.
More study information: